Before January 2019 I’d never heard that saying before…or maybe I had but it didn’t register, I’m not sure.
What I am sure of though is that since learning how to do exactly that, I have transformed my life in dramatic ways in not very much time.
In January 2019, still not even three years ago, this is what my life looked like:
- I was depressed and anxious and on two different medications to manage the symptoms (though it didn’t stop me from still being, you guessed it, depressed and anxious).
- My work as a psychotherapist was draining me and causing me to feel stricken with grief over other people’s suffering (and my own).
- I lived in Philadelphia in a congested and dirty neighborhood that I disliked so much I literally dreaded taking my dog for a walk.
- I drank alcohol and smoked weed every single day of the week.
- I slept until 9:30 or 10 am every day.
- I never exercised or considered proper nutrition and had a whole range of physical issues such as severe allergies, chronic nausea, and headaches.
(Cue: me creating my first vision)
Here’s what my life looks like today:
- While I am certainly human and have ups and downs like everyone else, I have been off meds for two years and have no symptoms of anxiety or depression.
- I let go of my therapy caseload but still am the owner of the practice, my first baby, Emerge Wellness, a beautiful therapy practice and wellness space serving the LGBTQ community in Philadelphia. It’s now being run by my dear friend and I am free to create and teach this new body of work that makes my heart SO full. I am in purpose.
- I’ve been living in San Diego for 10 months now and I’m OBSESSED with wandering around my beautiful neighborhood and taking long walks with my dog, Emmi.
I don’t self-soothe with alcohol and marijuana. If and when I choose to consume either of these substances it’s done moderately and for enjoyment purposes only, not to cope with life.
- I wake up with the sun almost every morning.
- I exercise regularly and am highly intentional with the foods I consume. I have no physical issues of any kind and actually, I feel really good the majority of the time.
All of this became possible for me because someone told me to get clear on what I wanted, to believe that I could have it, and to hold the vision every single day.
You can do this too. <3
P.S. If you haven’t already signed up for my mailing list, go ahead and do so now to get the guide I put together for you that details exactly how I went about creating and holding a vision for the life I wanted (and now have).